History of St Margaret and St Remigius
The Parish Church of St Margaret and St Remigius is a well proportioned small grade 2 listed building.There are wall paintings dated circa 1350, the lower rood Screen and Seven Sacrament Font are 14th Century. The Chalice is inscribed "The Tovn of Seten 1568".
The western round tower is pre-Norman and the chancel dimensions suggest Saxon origin. The tower tapers to courses of brick at the top - lightning struck the tower in 1785.
A massive Norman door leads from the nave to the tower. There is a stoup by the door, a rood stair in the south east corner of the nave, the base of the 15th century chancel screen remains.
In 1992 major repairs were carried out and the roof was re-thatched and all ceilings replaced.